Thursday, April 26, 2012

Balanced Coverage | Three New Behavioral Analytics™ "Pilot" Customers Announced, Tonight

As the Mattersight audience is a new one (to my style of blogging, at least), let me announce my long-standing blogging policy: I will endeavor to give at least a fair airing to Mattersight's-corporate sponsored releases, as my other duties allow. There may be times when I'll frankly disbelieve what Conway & Co. say in those releases -- but tonight is not one of them. No, I am just as sober as a parson on a Sunday morning -- about what it all really means.

From the company's press release, then -- a bit (do go read it all):



. . .These pilots will leverage Mattersight's strong competencies and expertise in managing big data when applying its behavioral model algorithms. Every day, Mattersight captures over 70 trillion data attributes, applies over 2 million algorithms, executes over 250 billion computations, and processes over 350 TB of data in order to provide its customers with new and contextually accurate information to understand their customers and improve their operations.

"We are pleased to announce these new customers and the validation they give to Behavioral Analytics, and our unique behavioral model applications and algorithms," said Kelly Conway, Mattersight's President and CEO. . . .


On the NASDAQ tonight, MATR closed down about 3.3 percent for the day. I suppose my chief concern here is that Mattersight is a public company, and has been one for coming up on 12 years now -- with lines of business stretching back over 16 years (the additional four while still a captive of its prior parent) -- and its current "main offering" is still in pilot mode.

This is so because Mattersight transferred the vast bulk of the customer loyalty and consulting businesses to TeleTech, along with the name "eLoyalty" last year. That leaves Conway & Co. with what some might say is a 16 year old publicly-traded "development-stage" company. But Mattersight is not a biotech or pharma -- with a life-saver just around the corner, here. And that's going to be, in my estimation, kind of a tough sell to investors -- in these jittery market-times. [If the readership would prefer that I not cover corporate releases, just say so -- in the comment box. I do listen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment